- Dr.Petruzzelli is a 2015 Sacramento Business Journal 40-Under-40 award winner.
- Dr. Petruzzelli is featured in October issue of Triathlete Magazine Kona Edition.
- Featured in September 2014 Issue of Runner’s World Magazine, Mind + Body Section “Stress Recess” article
- Presented the “The Mindful Athlete” at Big Sky Student-Athlete Wellness Symposium June 2014 in Fargo, North Dakota 6/3/14
- Presented the “The Mindful Athlete” at Big Sky Student Athlete Leadership Conference in Sacramento 7/22/14
- Abstract Reviewer for 2013-2016 Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP) Annual Conference.
- Placed 5th Age-Group at Ironman Texas in May 2014.
- Featured in Hussy Magazine Winter 2014 Issue “Pushing Past Mental Limits”
- Appointed by CSU Chancellor’s Office to the CSU Mental Heath Advisory Committee, a statewide committee that makes recommendations to the Chancellor related to university mental health policy.
- California State University, Sacramento at Student Health and Counseling Services / Department of Athletics
- Owner, Life With No Limits Mental Skills Coaching and Sport Psychology Consulting
- Health Care Provider CPR Certified
- USA Track & Field Level 1 Coach
- Applied Skills Suicide Intervention Training (ASSIT) Certification
Education and Licensure:
- Licensed Psychologist, State of California PSY23863
- Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D), Clinical Psychology, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Dissertation: Performance, Anxiety, and Athletes:Behavioral and Cognitive Approaches to Understanding Performance Anxiety and its Treatment.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Psychology, Eastern Michigan University
- University of California Davis, School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Wichita State University Counseling and Testing Center (primary emphasis area Sport Psychology and Psychological Testing & Assessment)
- University of Kansas School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry (emphasis on Neuropsychological Testing & Assessment)
Post-Bachelor Research Fellowship
- National Institutes of Health/ National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) in collaboration with National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)-Intramural Research Fellowship postbaccalaureate student in the Development and Plasticity Section investigating postmortem assessment of drug abuse cases for the purpose of improving the National Institutes of Mental Health brain bank collection to allow for more extensive use by NIDA for postmortem studies of effects of abused drugs.
Mindfulness & Meditation Training Experience:
- Koru Mindfulness Teacher Certification Training at EarthRise Retreat Center 8/2-8/6/15.
- Ananda 3-day Silent Guided Meditation Retreat
- 8 week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program
- Mindfulness Based Interventions Evidence Based Advancements in Treating Anxiety, Depression and Trauma Across All Ages and Settings (8 hrs)
- Mindfulness and Meditation in Psychotherapeutic Practice (4 hrs)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction: Transfer Your Client’s Life With MBSR & Positive Psychology with Elisha Goldstein, Ph.D (8 hrs)
Additional Training Experience:
- “Developing Your Knowledge, Skills, and Practice in Sport Psychology” at Ohio Center for Sport Psychology
- Consulting With Elite Sport by Association of Applied Sport Psychology
- Association of Applied Sport Psychology Performance Enhancement with College Athletes
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Treatment for Eating Disorders at JKF University
Memberships and Associations:
- American Psychological Association, Division 47 Exercise and Sport Psychology
- Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP)- Annual conference abstract reviewer in 2013-2016
- Alliance of Women Coaches
- USA Track & Field
- USA Triathlon
- Lifetime Member of Chico Triathlon Club
- US Masters Swimming
- Davis Aquatic Masters
- Latino Alumni Chapter of Eastern Michigan University
- Alumni Association of Eastern Michigan University
- Alumni Association of Nova Southeastern University
- Lifetime Member, Alumni Association of Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc.
Lehrmann, E., Afanador, Z., Deep-Soboslay, A., Gallegos, G., Darwin, W., Lowe, R., Barnes, A.J., Huestis, M., Cadet, J., Herman, M., Hyde, T., Kleinman, J., Freed, W. (2008). Postmortem diagnosis and toxicological validation of human drug abuse. Addiction Biology, 13 (1), 105-117.
CONFERENCE POSTER & PAPER PRESENTATIONS
Lewis, J., Gallegos, G., Elhage, J., Ciftci, S. & Dum, M . (July, 2008). Infusing the Cultural Horizons: The Nova Acculturation Scale. Poster presented at XXIX International Psychology Congress, Berlin, Germany.
Reitman, D., Bronson, A., DuCoin, C., Marsello, C., Mikula, L., Gallegos, G., Grubbs, E., &Nabidazeh, P. (November, 2007) What’s Old Is New Again: Use of Behavioral Assessment to Enhance Clinical Training and Treatment Outcome. Poster presented at Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies 41st Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA.
Dum, M., Gallegos, G., Elhage, J., & Lewis, J. (September, 2005). Infusing the Cultural Horizons: The New Universal Acculturation Scale. Poster presented at American Psychological Association Convention, Washington D.C.
Lehrmann, E., Colantuoni, C., Gallegos, G., Deep-Soboslay, A., Becker, K., Wood, W., Huestis, M., Kleinman, J., Weinberger, D., Hyde, T., & Freed, W. (August, 2004). Patterns of transcription in human orbit frontal cortex in drug abuse: changes in the CCK-B receptor. Paper presented at American College of Neuropsychopharmacology 43rd Annual Meeting, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Mason, S.T, Richard, D.C.S, & Gallegos, G. (November, 2003). Psychometric properties of the computerized PTSD scale-multimedia version with student reporting trauma. Poster presented at the Association for the Advancement of Behavior Therapy, Boston, MA.